Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday's Five. January 24, 2014.

Rave Run
I've been confined to the treadmill again. There was one day last week when it was warm enough (double digits) to run outside, but my schedule didn't allow it.  My thoughts drifted to some of my favorite warmer weather runs and I landed on this one as my rave run this week: 



I took this picture this past October, just a few steps from my front door. It's pictures like this that remind me that I do like Minnesota. Some days.

Fab Food

This week's Fab Food share is an easy and healthy Turkey Chili.  This is a quick meal to put together after a long run - I mean day - and it's met with a five star rating at my table. The lean turkey and beans give it enough protein to satisfy a hungry runner (or swimmer, at my table), and the veggies add some crunch and color.  You can find the recipe over at Busy Girl. Good Food.: Turkey Chili.

Great Gear
I am all about socks. It's no wonder my sock drawer needs some extra encouragement to close!  My go-to sock is the Thorlo Experia Multi-Sport sock.  These socks are padded in the ball of the foot and heel; they aren't considered "thick," and actually aren't thick by Thorlo standards. But they are comfortable in all the right places, and the padding on the forefoot helps with the cold factor for winter running.  They are not designed as a winter sock, but I find them to work amazing well in cooler temps (as well as warm ones!). They're not inexpensive (about $15 a pair), but I think they're worth it. And they come in so many colors!


Words of Wisdom
Because sometimes we have to remind ourselves.





Best Blog Post
And because I've been going on about having to be inside on the treadmill to anyone who will listen, I thought it only appropriate to share some treadmill inspiration. Here are some Treadmill Tips from Heather over at Through Heather's Looking Glass.

That's my Friday's Five for this week!  Loving life, one day, one mile at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment