Monday, January 20, 2014

Three Cheers!

The Today Show shared the top 20 fittest cities in America this morning and it came as no surprise to me that two cities I love to run in as a visitor and two cities I have called home appear on the list.  Have to start with the obvious: three cheers to Minneapolis, my hometown, for being at the top of the list. It's true: we have parks and trails, and a (mostly) bike-friendly culture. Farmer's Markets are everywhere and the number of restaurants capitalizing on our local products for healthy, innovative meals keeps climbing.  We've been in Minny for ten years and still have so much to explore; I plan to do as much as I can on foot or on two wheels.

My other faves on the list?  Seattle comes in at #8. We lived there for four years and it remains, hands-down, my favorite city for being active, raising a family, and eating well.  I'd move back in an instant if the right opportunity came around.  Boston (#3) and Austin (#10) round out my top picks. Love, love running in both cities and completely appreciated the amazing fresh food and healthy attitudes I encountered there.

What's your favorite city on the list? Is there one missing that you'd add?

No comments:

Post a Comment